Co-chair of the firm’s Appellate Department and member of Lamb McErlane’s Litigation Department and the Firm’s Executive Committee, Maureen Murphy McBride concentrates her practice on appellate law and litigation in state and federal courts. Named a “ten year” Super Lawyer, Maureen provides counseling and advice to a wide array of corporate clients and individuals.
Prior to joining Lamb McErlane in 1997, Maureen worked for a number of years at Schnader Harrison where her practice focused on appellate work as well as complex commercial litigation and product liability claims.
Maureen is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Appellate Advocacy Committee and frequently shares her experience with her fellow attorneys through the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s continuing Legal Education courses. Maureen has presented on appellate issues to the Pennsylvania State Trial Judges’ Association conference.
In 2016, Maureen was appointed by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania to serve as Chair of the Supreme Court’s Committee on Rules of Evidence. Maureen also serves as a Hearing Committee member serving the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania. Previously, Maureen served as Vice-Chair and Treasurer for the Pennsylvania Lawyer’s Fund for Client Security and was a member of the Merit Selection Panel to recommend candidates for United States Magistrate Judge. Maureen also is an active member of the Inn of Court of Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law.
Maureen is active in her local community as the current President of the Board of Friends Association for the Care and Protection of Children, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping homeless or near homeless families in Chester County stabilize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS:
- Product Liability Law
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Villanova University School of Law, JD
- King’s College, BA – Communications and English
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- President of the Board, The Friends Association for the Care and Protection of Children
- Hearing Committee Member serving the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Chair, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Committee on Rules of Evidence
- Member, Merit Selection Panel for the Appointment of United States Magistrate Judge
- Treasurer, Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Committee
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association Gaming Law Committee
- Member, Chester County Bar Association Civil Litigation Section
- Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Volunteer, T&E Cares
- Liaison, Project PEACE
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Sponsors the West Chester Charity Ball for Friends Association
- Lamb McErlane Partner Maureen McBride Named Chair of the Committee on Rules of Evidence by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Lamb McErlane Donates School Supplies to the Salvation Army of West Chester
- Maureen McBride & James Sargent Prevail in PA Appellate Court for Defense Attorney Nancy Raynor
- United States Supreme Court Holds a Defendant Need Not Obtain a Favorable Judgment on the Merits to be a Prevailing Party under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Lamb McErlane Partner Maureen M. McBride Reappointed as a Hearing Committee Member for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of PA
- The PA State Supreme Court Declines to Hear Further Arguments in the Pomroy v. Hospital of the University of PA Medical Malpractice Case
- Lamb McErlane Announces Eleven Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Maureen McBride and Jim Sargent pushed to file a motion in PA Superior Court to temporarily halt nearly $1 million in penalties against defense lawyer Nancy Raynor
- Attorneys at Lamb McErlane PC Win Significant Victory for University of Pennsylvania Doctor
- Maureen M. McBride has been Reappointed to the PA Supreme Court Rules of Evidence Committee
- Lamb McErlane Announces Thirteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Nine Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Three Rising Stars
- Supreme Court Releases Restyled PA Rules of Evidence
- Maureen M. McBride Elected to the Board of the Friends Association for the Care and Protection of Children
- Lamb McErlane Announces Fourteen Attorneys Have Been Named 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane Partner Appointed By PA Supreme Court
- What Does The Public Have A Right To Know About Gaming Applicants?
- When a Win is Not Good Enough
- In Latest Round Of 16 Year Old Litigation, Lamb McErlane Announces That The Supreme Court Has Ruled In Favor Of Its Client, H&R Block