Helen concentrates her practice in local government representation, zoning and land use, land acquisition and finance.
She serves as an advisor to businesses, nonprofits, local governments, authorities and developers, advising both organizations and individuals.
As solicitor to the Chester County Economic Development Council (CCEDC), Helen works with clients and their professional consultants to develop private developer agreements to promote economic development initiatives in cooperation with local governments and regulatory agencies. She assists her clients with administration of state and federal grants funding projects ranging from utility infrastructure to innovative technology.
As CCEDC counsel, Helen also assists with loan financing programs such as the Pennsylvania Building PA Program, Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority and Pennsylvania Small Business Credit Initiative Program. She further serves as counsel to the South Eastern Economic Development Company of Pennsylvania where she handles loan transactions involving loan programs under the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Pennsylvania Small Business First Fund loan program.
Helen also has served as underwriter’s counsel, co-bond counsel and issuer’s counsel in municipal and industrial development authority tax-exempt bond financings.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS:
- Zoning & Land Use Law
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, JD
- The Pennsylvania State University, BS
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Member – Chester County Bar Association
- Member – Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry Government Affairs Council
- Chairman – Advisory Council to Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon for Imagination Library Program
- Member – Board of Directors, Brandywine Health Foundation
- Solicitor – Chester County Economic Development Council
- Solicitor for the following municipalities and municipal authorities:
-Chester County Water Resources Authority
-Chester County and Central and Western Chester –County Industrial Development
-Honey Brook Borough Authority
-West Sadsbury Township
-West Nottingham Township
-Borough of South Coatesville
-Borough of West Grove
-Borough of Atglen
-Valley Township Zoning Hearing Board
-Chester County Conference and Visitors Bureau
-Chester County Conservation District
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC is a Champion Sponsor for the Chester County Economic Development Council’s Annual Golf Classic
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Ten Attorneys have been recognized in the Best Lawyers© in America 2019
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Twenty-Two Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2018 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Prominent Attorneys Helen Esbenshade & Alan Novak Join Lamb McErlane PC