A Partner in Lamb McErlane’s Litigation Department and the Post-Trial and Appellate Advocacy Group, Scot Withers served as Deputy Chief Law Clerk to Justice William H. Lamb during his appointment to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania in 2003, and previously served as Law Clerk to Chief Justice Stephen A. Zappala from 1996-2003. Scot joined Lamb McErlane when William Lamb returned to the firm in January 2004.
Scot concentrates his practice in the state and federal appellate courts of Pennsylvania. He has briefed and argued cases in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania, and the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Scot also serves as Chair of the Appellate Advocacy Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. From 2006-2018, Scot served as Legal Counsel to the Appellate Court Procedural Rules Committee of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania where he advised the Committee on, and drafted amendments to, the Pennsylvania Rules of Appellate Procedure.
In addition to his appellate practice, Scot regularly represents businesses and individuals in business disputes and commercial litigation, as well as matters involving real estate and property rights. He also represents attorneys seeking admission to practice before the Pennsylvania state courts and lawyers involved in attorney disciplinary proceedings.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS:
- Property Law
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Internal Revenue Service
- Temple University School of Law, LL.M. in Trial Advocacy
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D.
- Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School of Business, M.B.A.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Third Circuit Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- West Caln Township Historical Society
- 1 Love 4 Animals Rescue Advisory Board
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Ten Attorneys Recognized in the Best Lawyers© in America 2019
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Thirteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and One Rising Star
- Lamb McErlane Announces Twelve Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane’s Inaugural Health Law Newsletter
- Lamb McErlane PC Representing PA Representatives in Case against Governor Wolf Regarding Dissolution of the Public Employees Retirement Commission (PERC)
- Lamb McErlane Prevails before PA Supreme Court in Case against Governor Wolf
- Lamb McErlane PC Partner Scot R. Withers Appointed Vice Chair of the PBA’s Appellate Advocacy Committee
- Lamb McErlane Announces Eleven Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane Announces Thirteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Nine Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Three Rising Stars
- En Banc Commonwealth Court Upholds School District Property Tax Appeals
- In Latest Round Of 16 Year Old Litigation, Lamb McErlane Announces That The Supreme Court Has Ruled In Favor Of Its Client, H&R Block
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Drops Suit Against Agora Cyber Charter School