As Resident Partner-in-Charge of Lamb McErlane’s Bryn Mawr office, Roman Koropey represents clients in a broad range of transactional and civil litigation matters.
Roman began his career as in-house corporate counsel with a large multinational insurance company in Philadelphia, where his responsibilities included contract and regulatory work and the negotiation and documentation of complex international risk management and reinsurance programs. He then went into private practice with a Main Line law firm, adding extensive experience in general business, residential and commercial real estate transactions, as well as in the arbitration and litigation of matters including shareholder/partnership disputes, real estate claims, commercial disputes, and Orphan’s Court proceedings.
Roman has secured significant recoveries for clients in tort and contract matters involving claims for personal injuries, investment losses, breaches of contract and consumer rights, and has appeared before the appellate courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He also counsels clients in trust and estate matters.
In his practice, Roman has served as counsel in significant business transactions such as the acquisition of an international insurance organization, the merger of a national heavy equipment distribution company, sales of several closely held companies and the purchase and sale of numerous commercial and investment real estate properties. Immediately prior to joining Lamb McErlane, Roman managed the Bryn Mawr office of a Philadelphia-based regional firm.
Roman is AV Rated by the Martindale–Hubbell Peer Review system and has been named a “Top Main Line Lawyer” by Main Line Today in the areas of both real estate and trusts and estates law. He currently serves as an alternate member of the Easttown Township Zoning Hearing Board.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS:
- Reinsurance and Risk Management
- Orphans’ Court Litigation
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- University of Pennsylvania
- Wharton School, B.S. – Economics (Finance)
- College of Arts and Sciences, B.A. – Sociology
- Villanova University Law School, J.D.
- Member, Law Review
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Past Vice Chair – Business, Banking and Corporate Counsel Committee
- American Bar Association
- Wharton Club of Philadelphia, Western Suburbs Leads Council
- Montgomery County Estate Planning Council
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Twenty-Two Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2018 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Sixteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2017 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane PC Partner Roman Koropey Named Vice-Chair of the Rules of Orphans’ Committee of Montgomery County
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Fourteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2016 Main Line Today Top Lawyers