Mary-Ellen Hannigan Allen is co-chair of the Employment Law Department and a member the litigation department. She concentrates her practice in employment law and commercial litigation.
After a Judicial Clerkship in the Court of Common Pleas of Chester County for the Honorable Juan R. Sanchez, Mary-Ellen began her career in private practice as a general litigator. After several years, she began specializing in employment law, litigating all types of employment related claims.
Mary-Ellen has extensive experience in handling employment law issues both in and out of the courtroom. She has represented employers before federal and state courts, arbitration hearings and administrative agencies. She has defended claims of unlawful discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, unemployment compensation, breach of contract, trade secret violations and whistleblower complaints.
In addition, Mary-Ellen provides employers with advice and counseling on investigating and resolving complaints, disability accommodation, compensation, and terminations. She also negotiates and drafts severance agreements, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, as well as personnel policies and employee handbooks.
While attending Villanova Law School, Mary-Ellen was an executive member of the Moot Court Board and served as the Theodore Reimel Moot Court Competition Administrator.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, JD
- Lafayette College
BA – Government and Law
BA – Spanish (Sigma Delta Pi Spanish Honor Society)
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- President, Board of Directors of the Chester County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors Uwchlan Ambulance Corps
- Former Member, Board of Directors of Greenbriar Civic Association
- Former President, Board of Directors of the Chester County Art Association
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Twenty-Two Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2018 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane PC Participates in the CCBA’s Diverse Law Student Summer Program
- Lamb McErlane PC is Proud to Support and Sponsor the Chester County Bar Foundation’s Key Gala
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Thirteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and One Rising Star
- Lamb McErlane PC Partner Mary-Ellen H. Allen Elected President of the Chester County Bar Association
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Eight Firm Attorneys Have Been Named Suburban Life Top Attorneys
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Sixteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2017 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane Announces Twelve Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane’s Inaugural Health Law Newsletter
- United States Supreme Court Holds a Defendant Need Not Obtain a Favorable Judgment on the Merits to be a Prevailing Party under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- 7 Things Employers Need To Know About the New Overtime Rule
- Lamb McErlane PC Representing PA Representatives in Case against Governor Wolf Regarding Dissolution of the Public Employees Retirement Commission (PERC)
- Lamb McErlane Announces Eleven Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane Announces Thirteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Nine Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Three Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane Announces Fourteen Attorneys Have Been Named 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane Names Three New Partners Of Law Firm