Jake is an associate in the litigation department. He concentrates his practice in the areas of civil, commercial and municipal litigation, complex insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, as well as health law. He represents individuals, small and large businesses and municipalities in a wide array of employment, contract and tort-based disputes.
Jake has experience in handling all aspects of civil litigation, including trial preparation, dispositive motion practice, deposing fact witnesses, consulting with and preparing expert witnesses, conducting settlement negotiations and appellate representation.
Prior to joining Lamb McErlane, Jake worked for a Philadelphia based law firm litigating complex and high-value commercial matters. He represented global companies in a variety of litigation contexts before federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Jake also acted as General Counsel to a non-profit religious organization advising on issues of wrongful termination, sexual harassment, criminal matters, real estate transactions, Affordable Care Act compliance, and strategies to reduce their tax burden.
While attending Villanova University School of Law, Jake served as Chairman of the Villanova Law Moot Court Board. Jake was a semifinalist in the 52nd annual Honorable Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition as well as a National Quarterfinalist in the 2012 National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition where he was also awarded high honors for his competition brief.
Before law school, Jake was the Head Manager for the Villanova Men’s Basketball team while attending Villanova University.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University, B.S
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Louis D. Brandeis Law Society
- Chester County Bar Association
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Attorneys Jake D. Becker, William R. “Bill” Christman III & Rachel E. Lusk Sworn into the Bar of the United States Supreme Court
- Lamb McErlane’s Inaugural Health Law Newsletter
- Alex J. Baumler & Jake D. Becker Join Lamb McErlane PC as Associates