Carla Marino is a divorce attorney in Lamb McErlane’s West Chester, PA location. She concentrates her practice in Family Law and specializes in all aspects, including, but not limited to, pre-nuptial planning and agreements, post-nuptial agreements, divorce, equitable distribution, child custody, alimony, support, property settlement, and all related litigation.
Carla began her career while at Georgetown University Law Center earning a Fellowship with the Committee on State Taxation (COST) located in Washington, D.C. While pursuing her Master of Laws in Taxation, she worked with COST to preserve and promote equitable and nondiscriminatory state taxation of multi-jurisdiction entities.
Prior to joining Lamb McErlane, Carla worked at Ernst & Young in the State and Local Tax Group advising clients on tax planning issues related to company reorganizations and restructurings. This was followed by her work at Pepper Hamilton LLP where she further refined her skills in the Tax Group.
Currently, Carla is involved in pro bono work for custody issues and is affiliated with the Women’s Resource Center in Wayne, Pennsylvania. She is also a member of the Collaborative Divorce Group which provides for alternative resolution options in the divorce process. Carla also provides legal services for non-traditional families to resolve their domestic issues.
Carla lectures frequently for professional groups on topics related to domestic law such as the Collaborative Divorce Process, Taxation issues, recent rule changes, and panel discussions. She was the featured speaker on Domestic Law and Mediation at Rosemont College. Carla is a contributor for the PBA Case Notes on topics such as ERISA and Pennsylvania law for beneficiary designations and Pennsylvania’s strict standard requirements for opening adoption records.
As a family law attorney, Carla has been a compassionate advocate for her clients whether in litigation or negotiations. She is empathetic, yet efficient and clear-cut, while striving to reach her clients’ goals through the various family law issues and procedures.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS
- Property Settlement
- Pre and Post Nuptial
- Resolutions for non-traditional families
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- Loyola College, BBA
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, JD
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. (Taxation)
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Chester County Bar Association, Member
- Chester County Bar Association – Legal Aid
- Chester County Bar Association – Family
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Section – Support Committee Co-Chair 2010-2011
- Family Law Section – Support Committee Co-Chair 2011-2012
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court, President 2013-2014
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court, Treasurer, 2010-2013
- Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court, Programming Director, 2009-2010
- Women’s Resource Center – Attorney Services
- Collaborative Divorce Group – Member, Ethics Committee 2010
- Adjunct Professor – Rosemont College, Social Media / Dispute Resolution – Fall 2013
In the News
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Fourteen Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2016 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Six Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2015 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane Announces Eleven Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Four Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2014 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane Partner Carla Marino presents Tax Issues related to Domestic Matters CLE at a Montgomery County Bar Association Seminar
- Carla Marino Co-Presents CLE on the Collaborative Divorce Process
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces That Nine Firm Attorneys Have Been Named 2013 Main Line Today Top Lawyers
- Lamb McErlane PC Announces Carla Marino Has Been Named Partner
- Custody and Support: Changing Laws in Changing Times
- Lamb McErlane Expands Its Family Law Practice