Andrew Stein is an associate at Lamb McErlane PC. He concentrates his practice at the intersection of health law and business law. He represents individuals and businesses with a primary focus on licensed medical professionals, medical practices, and other health care entities.
Andrew drafts, reviews, and negotiates operating, partnership, and employment agreements. In addition, he assists medical practices with formation, governance, mergers, and joint ventures. He counsels medical practices on the corporate practice of law, anti-kickback laws, conflicts of interest, records maintenance, and patient communication. He also guides medical professionals through compliance issues related to practice regulations and professional licensure.
Andrew has substantial experience handling complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, and asset purchases. He has also drafted and negotiated innumerable contracts involving professional services, employment, licensing, lending, and non-disclosure. As general counsel to corporations, he has provided advice on proper governance, shareholder relations, director elections, funding issues, bylaw interpretation, resolution drafting, and strategy planning.
Prior to joining Lamb McErlane, Andrew worked for a New Jersey-based firm where he prepared and negotiated bespoke commercial agreements for corporate clients. In addition, he litigated high-value commercial disputes between business entities and resolved contentious matters utilizing various forms of alternative dispute resolution. Before private practice, Andrew served as Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Joseph P. Quinn, P.J.Cv. in the Monmouth Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
While earning his M.B.A. at the University of Oxford, Andrew assisted a team of international researchers investigating how law firms can better serve their clients in light of ever-changing regulatory, competitive, and technological challenges. As part of this role, Andrew spent time working in the London office of a global law firm assisting clients including multinational medical devices and biosimilar pharmaceutical manufacturers. While abroad, Andrew also was chosen by his peers at Oxford to speak at the 2016 TedxOxbridge conference hosted by the University of Cambridge.
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Oxford, M.B.A
- Boston University, B.S.
In the News
- Health Law Newsletter Fall 2018
- Health Law Newsletter Spring 2018
- Andrew Stein Joins Lamb McErlane PC
- The Business Associate Agreement: A Legally-Required Contract
- A New Concern about Medical Malpractice Venue Shopping in Pennsylvania
- The What, When, & Why of Business Associate Agreements Under HIPAA
- Changes Coming to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in 2019 and Beyond
- Eliminating More Kickbacks – EKRA
- NJ District Court Weighs in on Federal Benefits Law Preemption
- A Look at Urgent Care
- Section 199A and Healthcare – Eligibility Depends on Unique Facts
- Insurances Worthy of Attention for Entity-Level Healthcare Transactions
- Comment Period Ending for CMS’s Proposed Changes to Physician Payment Policies
- Expansion of Small Business Health Plans
- Are Your Client’s Employees on the OIG’s Exclusions List?
- Medicare’s Signature Requirements
- Anthem Insurance Challenged Over Medical Coverage Policy Changes
- Health Law Newsletter Spring 2018
- The Membership Model for Medical Practices
- DOJ Takes Rare Step Intervening in Qui Tam to Add Private Equity Firm and Individuals